Asset Data Management Statement
This Asset Data Management Statement describes the practices of Alimak Group AB and its Group companies as set out in Schedule A («Alimak,» «we,» «us» or «our») for collecting, storing and using data from Alimak Group machines, products and other assets operated by or on behalf of Customers («Assets»).
What data we may collect
System data is information that is transmitted to us through digital platforms («Platforms»), A3 and similar applications («Applications«) and through telematics (and similar devices) («Devices«) (we use the term «Digital Offerings» to refer collectively to all Applications and Devices that we use), which may include:
- Device, Asset and Component Information, including model number, serial number, order number, software and hardware version numbers, performance, and configuration, including work tools or other peripheral devices attached to Assets.
- Electronic Data, including sensor logs, trends, histograms, event data, other alerts, digital state data, fault codes, service meter hours, electronic data files downloaded manually or automatically from an Asset, troubleshooting data, and other data, depending on the Customer and Asset and communication channel used by a Device.
- Device Location Information, including the physical location of an Asset (e.g., determined using satellite, GPS, cell phone tower, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi signals).
- Event Recorder Data, including location, speed and direction.
- Service and Maintenance History, including work orders (records of all maintenance, repair, parts purchases, replacement and modification to an Asset), component life (history of usage and wear life of a component), maintenance schedule, planned maintenance, warranty coverage data, maintenance and repair contracts, service intervals (scheduled interval for planned maintenance of component replacement activities for an Asset), component lists (lists of parts that make up an Asset) and service letters (describing special service actions recommended by manufacturers to correct a known problem with an Asset).
- Site and Environmental Conditions.
- Patterns of Use, including any user-defined information relating to a product you provide to us through a Digital Offering.
How we may collect data
Data collected through your use of our products and/or services
We may collect information about your use of our Products and/or Services. For example:
- Through Platforms / Applications / Devices: We may receive information directly via cellular or satellite link, or radio or Ethernet connection from Assets equipped with an Application or a Device that was either pre-installed or installed by us, which may include System Data.
- We could also receive information through your use of our single sign-on services, these services will allow us to use your login credentials to authenticate your identity and provide you with the option to share certain personal information with us.
Other ways we collect information
We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information but doing so may affect your ability to use some of the products and services.
How we may use information
We may use collected information for, among other things, the following purposes:
To provide services to you and others:
- To allow you to monitor the status of Assets, to complete and fulfil orders, and to communicate with you regarding your purchase or rental of Assets and your purchase of Asset parts and provide you with related customer service.
- To fulfil customer support agreements, perform maintenance and repairs and deliver rental Assets or parts.
- To make recommendations regarding safety, Asset health and maintenance.
- To enhance the safety of machine operations, including by tracking proximity to Assets or other objects.
- To enable remote troubleshooting.
- To provide you with location-based services and content.
For other general business purposes:
- To conduct market research.
- To perform data analytics, audits, improve products, develop new products, enhance, improve or modify our Digital Offerings, identify usage trends and operate and expand our business activities and for statistical analysis based on aggregated and de-identified data, such as benchmarking reports.
- To provide services to Customers, manage workflow, monitor repairs, project future maintenance and service, and troubleshoot issues.
- To validate effectiveness of recommendations, resolve complaints, and fulfil orders.
- To manage Asset and parts inventory in order to provide you with machines, parts and services.
- To manage a fleet of owned or rented Assets.
- To develop digital applications.
How we may disclose information
Except as described in this Asset Data Management Statement, we may also disclose information:
- To our affiliates, to deliver the products and services that you have requested.
- To Asset owners, to permit them to manage the use of their Asset.
- To component manufacturers, to permit them to study the use of their products, to improve their products and to develop new products.
- To agents, service providers and other third parties contracted by or engaged in business with Asset owners, who have management responsibility for the Asset.
- To a related third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, Assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- To additional recipients as agreed by you and us.
We have implemented reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the «Contacting Us» section below.
Updates to this Governance Statement
We may change this Asset Data Management Statement from time to time and without advance notice. The «LAST UPDATED» legend at the bottom of this page indicates when this Asset Data Management Statement was last revised.
In all events and circumstances, we collect, use and disclose the data only in a manner that is allowed by applicable laws and regulations.
Alimak Group companies
- Alimak Group Management AB
- Alimak do Brasil Elevadores Ltda
- Alimak Group Canada Ltd
- Alimak Group Swiss AG
- Alimak Group Vertical Access Equipment Co. Ltd.
- Alimak Group BMU (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- Alimak Group Deutschland GmbH
- Manntech (HK) Ltd.
- Cox Gomyl Operations SAU
- Alimak Group France SAS
- Alimak Group UK Ltd
- Alimak Group Hong Kong Ltd.
- Cox Gomyl Shenzhen Co. Ltd.
- Cox Gomyl Macau Ltd.
- Alimak Group India Pvt. Ltd.
- Avanti Wind Systems India Pvt. Ltd.
- Alimak Group Italy srl
- Alimak Group Manufacturing SL
- Alimak Group Korea Co. Ltd.
- Alimak Group Benelux BV
- Alimak Group Benelux NV
- Alimak Group Norway AS
- Alimak Group Rus Ltd.
- Alimak Group Sweden AB
- Alimak Group Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Alimak Group Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Alimak Group USA Inc
- Alimak Group Denmark A/S
- Avanti Brasil Sistemas Eolicos Ltda.
- Avanti Wind Systems Co. Ltd. Shanghai
- Avanti Wind Systems SL
- Alimak Group Australia Pty. Ltd.
Where to turn for questions and further information
For any questions about this statement, please get in touch with us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail at the address below:
Alimak Group AB (publ)
Att: Global Data Protection Manager
111 64 Stockholm
Last modified: July 9, 2021