In the US, the Midwest is well known for its abundance of good farm land and large agriculture industry. Large quantities of grain such as corn, wheat, soybeans and other crops are harvested, stored, processed and prepared for shipment to other US locations and around the world.
Tall structures such as bucket elevators carry grain into other large structures, such as large storage silos. Marine river and rail terminals also have tall structures housing conveying systems. Owners have the need for vertical access to top of these structures. In the past, they have utilized mainly small wire rope driven elevators (or “man lifts”) inside hoist ways to protect that equipment from the weather. Alternatively, many indoor facilities have also utilized continuous belt man lifts (step on, step off) devices.
Alimak rack & pinion driven elevators are gaining popularity and acceptance as an excellent alternative to wire rope elevators and belt man lifts for vertical access.
Why Alimak rack and pinion elevators?
- They can go on virtually any existing or new structure with minimal modifications – they do not need a hoist way!
- They are extremely rugged and made to last for decades of service
- They are much safer than belt man lifts; in fact, many companies are removing their belt man lifts due to safety concerns.
- In the event of a power outage or loss of function, Alimak rack & pinion elevators can be safely lowered to the next landing for egress (unlike wire rope elevators) – an important personnel safety feature.
- They are economical and competitive with the wire rope alternatives.
Typical sizes are as small as 2-3 person elevators – under 450 kg (1,000 lbs.), up to 25+ person elevators, or elevators large enough to carry a stretcher for injured personnel egress – typically 1,400 kg (3,000 lbs.).
Alimak units can also be supplied for hazardous dust locations (Class 2, Division 2, Group G).
Contact person: Mr. Bob Daugherty: email@example.com
Become a Dealer
We are looking for dealers worldwide!
To find out more about joining the Alimak global sales team, please complete the contact form and we will be in touch shortly.